Service Host SuperFetch service is a useful memory manager of Windows OS that controls the entire system with its multi-tasking unit. Moreover, you can enhance memory efficiency with this innovative service. Some of the in-built features make it very complicated to handle.
However, here in this blog, we are going to discuss the benefits of SuperFetch and also identify the difficulties with effective solutions to fix them accordingly.
Why do you need to Install Service Host SuperFetch Service?
SuperFetch is an effective and the most generic memory manager that can analyze the Windows components with maximum accuracy. Moreover, it can utilize the memory unit and increase system efficiency by applying different Service Host SuperFetch features.
This extraordinary Windows service can perform various tasks that make it one of the important memory manager unit.
- The SuperFetch service reads the data from the input unit and stores it to the primary memory unit rather than the hard disk.
- The SuperFetch follows the process pre-loading techniques and set the app loading time before any multi-thread unit is loaded.
- This service host program reduces the app loading time and prepares the system to give a real-time response.
Why does SuperFetch Service take Huge Memory Spaces?
The SuperFetch service is similar to a drive catching program and you can face lots of issues due to its pre-loading approach. Let’s know what are the flaws that you can find within the Service Host SuperFetch.
- Due to the SuperFetch data pre-loading process, the service occupies a huge memory space before loading the app. Therefore, you can get stuck when you start to download the app or launch that installed app.
- By analyzing the usage patterns, the SuperFetch reduces the application loading time but it always running in the background. As a result, it uses more RAM and CPU unnecessarily.
- Many times, this effective Windows service reduces computer boot time but it is responsible to create bad gaming experiences. Thus, it takes almost 100% disk in Windows 10 and prevents the other downloading process.
Resolve the SuperFetch Issues and Improve the Disk Performance:
Here, we are explaining the vital steps to get rid of the High disk usage issues. You can follow them and overcome this hassle immediately.
Delete the Windows Temporary Files
Many times, junk files prevent to run the SuperFetch app and occupies more space on your system. So, remove those temporary files and fix the Service Host SuperFetch error quickly.
- First, press the Windows and R key from the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “temp” in the text box and hit the OK button to open the Temp folder.
- Here, you can see the Windows files that you have searched before. Press the Ctrl and A button from the keyboard and select all the items.
- Then, press the DEL key from the keyboard and remove those files.
- Next, open the Recycle Bin window and choose all the files and repeat the above steps to remove those data permanently.
Check the Disk Issues
Damaged disk issues trigger the 100% disk usage problem quite often. So, it is recommended to repair the disk before installing the Host Service SuperFetch.
- Open the Command Prompt(Admin) window and run the command “chkdsk.exe /f/r”.
- Wait for a while until the disk types and the status of the disks are not displayed on the prompt screen.
- Finally, close the window and reboot the system in regular mode. Now, check whether the SuperFetch problems got fixed or not.
Reset the Virtual Memory
To utilize virtual memory, you can easily overcome the Service Host SuperFetch problem.
- Right-click on the This PC icon and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Now, click on the Advanced System Settings option from the left panel of the System window.
- Tap on the Settings from the Performance section and then click on the Advanced tab from the System Settings window.
- Next, hit the Change button from the Advanced Setting window and enable the checkbox says, “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives”.
- Then, click on the No Paging option and mention spaces for the initial virtual memory.
- Finally, hit the OK button and close the window.
Turn off the Windows Search Feature
Enabling the Windows Search service sometimes takes disk spaces. Thus, you need to disable it to free up the spaces.
- Type “services.msc” in the Cortana search box and open the Windows Services window by hitting the Enter key.
- Now, look for the Windows Search program and right-click on it.
- Choose properties and launch the Windows Search Properties window.
- Then, click on the General tab and make the Startup type as “Disabled”.
- Finally, hit the OK button and exit from the Search Properties window to fix the Service Host SuperFetch issues.
Repair the StorAHCI.sys Driver
If the StorAHCI driver is corrupted or you are using an older version of the driver, then you can face this issue. Go through the cited below steps to overcome this issue.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- Now, locate the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers from the list of drivers and expand that item.
- Then, choose Standard SATA AHCI Controller and right-click on it.
- After that, tap on the Properties from the context menu and click on the Driver tab from the Properties window.
- Next, click on the Driver Details button and verify whether the StorAHCI.sys is running or not.
- If the status of that driver shows any problem, then update the driver with the latest version.
- Finally, close the Driver Properties window and resolve the disk space issue very easily.
Disable the Service Host SuperFetch
- First, right-click on the Command Prompt icon and choose Run as Administrator option from the context menu.
- Now, enter the Admin details and verify the user account.
- After launching the Command Prompt window in admin mode, type “net stop superfetch” and press Enter to execute the command.
- Wait for a few seconds and you can see the message, “The SuperFetch has stopped successfully”.
- Then, run the Exit command and close the Command Prompt window.
- Go to the Windows Services window and check the list of services whether the SuperFetch Host is enlisted or not.
In this blog, we have discussed the roles of the SuperFetch host service in Windows 10. Moreover, the major difficulties that are created by this program are discussed here with effective solutions. Also visit: Avast Background Service Not Running Issue
So, we hope this article is useful for Windows users who are encountering the device lagging issues due to 100% Disk Usage of Service Host SuperFetch. In case of critical issues, consult with a technical expert team. This is the wisest way to get rid of this problem.