If you are using the Windows Operating System, you’re bound to face several issues. However, do you know that the anti-virus program that you use to protect your device can also create issues?
Anti-virus software is designed to safeguard your device from any possible threat or damage. But sometimes they might themselves trigger certain errors.
If you’re an Avast user, then you can possibly face the error that we’re going to discuss in this article. AV service not responding error occurs mostly after you have updated your Avast anti-virus application.
Having an anti-virus that does not work isn’t a piece of good news for the safety of your device. You need to address the issue as soon as possible. Here, we will provide you with some simple solutions that you can follow to deal with the issue.
Possible Causes Behind this AV Service not Responding Error:
Many Avast users like you have frequently encountered this issue. Avast has said that faulty Windows services configuration is the main factor behind the occurrence of this problem.
If you have updated Windows 10, then no need not worry at all. Avast has fixed this issue with the new Windows update. However, if you use a Windows 8 version, then you might need help.
Go through the next section to solve this issue in some simple steps.
Guide to Solve AV Service Not Responding Error on Windows 8 Error:
There are some common and widely used solutions that you can apply. You might simply restart the software or quit the anti-virus. Sadly, these techniques do not actually work most of the time.
Hence, you need to follow some other effective solutions to get rid of the error. We have listed the solutions for your convenience:
Set Remote Dekstop Startup Type to Automatic
You can simply use the auto startup method on your device to get rid of this error with the Avast software. For this, you need to follow the instructions listed below:
- Press the Windows key and the ‘R’ key at the same time. This will open the Run dialog box.
- Once you are in it, type the following: ‘services.msc’ and then press ‘OK’.
- Now, look for the ‘Remote Dekstop Services’ in the list of the options that appear on the screen. Alternatively, if you’re a Windows XP user, then check for ‘Background Intelligent Transfer Service’.
- After this, you have to double click on the relevant option as mentioned in the previous point.
- In the ‘Startup type’ option, choose the Automatic option. Once done, try to manually run the service.
- Press the Apply button.
- Finally, give your computer reboot and run the Avast application to check if the problem is fixed or not.
Make Changes and Repair the Avast Program
So you have followed the previous solution step-by-step. But you find out that the problem has still not been resolved.
Instead of getting panicked use the alternative method. You can ask the Avast program to repair itself through the following steps:
- At first, go to the Control panel and then select the Settings option.
- Now click on the ‘Programs’ function and from there choose the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Look for the Avast program and click on it. After this, locate the Uninstall/ Change button.
- Select the option and choose Change. Once you are done, choose the ‘Repair’ option.
- This will prompt the Avast software to make some necessary changes in the application. Allow some time to the application to make those changes.
- Once the process is complete, you need to restart your device.
Uninstall and Reinstall Avast Application
If none of the above solutions are able to successfully remove the error, then this is your last resort. There’s no other way but to uninstall and reinstall the Avast software on your device.
At first, you need to uninstall it. You can do this through the following steps:
- First, launch the Control Panel. Once you enter the Control Panel, make sure you choose the ‘View by Category’ option.
- Now, choose the Programs option and then click on ‘Uninstall a program’.
- Go to the ‘Programs and Features’ option and locate the Avast application among the list.
- After this, right-click on the Avast option and choose the Uninstall option.
- Finally, restart the computer.
Now that you have uninstalled the Avast program you have to reinstall it again. For this, you need to visit the official website of Avast. After you reach the website, look for the Avast Pro or Premium software as per your requirement.
Download the Avast application and then follow the steps to successfully install it.
Anti-virus applications are crucial for your system. When the application itself creates issues, it can be a very frustrating experience. You have to fix the issue at the earliest.
The solutions that we have provided here are quite simple. They have also proven to be effective in many instances. We are sure that you will be able to fix this Avast error with the above-mentioned solutions. Also visit: Gmail server error 007
We would love to get your feedback and suggestions regarding this article. Make use of the comment section to communicate with us and let us know if this article was helpful for you.