People with limited budgets prefer Logitech G933 as their headset. Logitech is known for manufacturing top-notch devices at reasonable prices. Thus, it has become a popular choice for students of gamers. Although Logitech G933 has been working quite well for users, its mic is having some problems after Windows 10 update. Hence, Logitech G933 mic not working has become a trending problem for its users. The mic problem has been reported both for Logitech G933 headset and Xbox.
Are you experiencing the same mic issue? Then try to fix your device instead of buying a new one. All you need to do is follow this piece of information for the right fixes. You will come to know the factors causing this issue and their corresponding solutions.
What are the Various Ways to Fix Logitech G933 Mic Not Working Issue?
Here in this write-up, we have presented before you some premium ways using which you can easily get rid of the Logitech G933 mic not working issue.
Fix 1: Check Device Permission
Logitech G933 mic won’t work unless it is permitted to access your device. Thus, you need to check the device access by using the following steps:
- Go to the Start menu and open the Settings app.
- Look for the Privacy option on the Settings window and select it.
- Navigate to App Permissions and choose Microphone.
- Move to the right pane of the Settings window and click on the Change button.
- Turn on the toggle so that the Microphone can access your device/computer.
- Next, scroll down to the Allow Apps option and click the toggle button.
- Make sure that you have performed the above steps correctly and close the existing windows.
- Reconnect the Logitech G933 headset and check whether the mic works or not.
Move on to the next method if the mic continues to cause some sort of issues.
Fix 2: Reset Device Settings
Some devices including the Logitech G933 headset have some criteria to work. Therefore, change your device settings and make it compatible with your Logitech G933 headset. Here is how to do so.
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to open the Run application.
- Type Control in the search field of the Run application and press Enter.
- The Control Panel window will appear on your system screen and you need to click the View By option on the top right corner.
- Choose Category from the drop-down list and select the Large Icons option.
- Find the Sound option and double-click on it.
- As a new window pops up, change the tab from playback to the recording option.
- Now, right-click on any blank space of your desktop and you will find a list of options.
- Check the Show Disabled Devices box and click outside the popup menu.
- Then choose the Enable option from the menu and locate the Headset Microphone.
- Right-click on the Headset Microphone and set as the default device of your computer.
- Right-click on the Headset Microphone for once again and open the Properties window.
- Navigate to the tab and change it from General to Levels.
- Drag the slider to select the highest value and click the OK button to save the new settings.
- Close the window and ensure that the Logitech G933 mic not working is solved.
Fix 3: Update All Device Drivers
Logitech G933 mic might encounter problems if the device drivers are not up to date.
- Download and install the Driver Booster or any other third-party software.
- Run the software to check the drivers installed on your computer.
- Click on the Update All button to install all the latest drivers.
- After completing the update process, close all windows and restart the system.
- Connect back your Logitech G933 and ensure that the mic is working as before.
Fix 4: Update Logitech Firmware
Mic issue commonly happens when your device runs an outdated firmware. Therefore, install the latest version of the firmware by the steps given below:
- Connect the Logitech G933 to your computer and enable it.
- Go to the Windows search bar and look for Command Prompt.
- Right-click Command Prompt in the search option and select Run as Administrator.
- Type ‘C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\FWUpdate\G933’ in the Command Prompt and hit the Enter key.
- Again copy-paste ‘G933Update_v25.exe /FORCE’ in the command line and press Enter.
- Test whether the Logitech G933 mic is working correctly or not.
Fix 5: Perform a Hard Reset
A hard reset often seems to fix technical glitches. Therefore, connect the Logitech G933 headset and apply the following steps:
- Remove the side plate of the headset and press the Reset button on the bottom right corner of your computer screen.
- Release the button after 2 to 3 seconds and repeat the same process two times.
- Hope, Logitech G933 mic not working will no longer be a problem for you.
Fix 6: Check the Hardware
Often problems like mic issues get solved by changing the USB port. So, connect the Logitech G933 headset to a different USB port on your computer. In case the problem persists then test the headset on another PC or device. You can test the problem by using a new USB cable as well.
Fix 7: Charge the Battery
The battery of the Logitech headset might not have sufficient charge to function well. Therefore, remove the side plate located on the right earcup. Turn on the device to use any latent charge. Take out the battery and replace it back to its position. Charge the headset and use it once it is fully charged. Finally, connect the Logitech headset to your PC or laptop and test the microphone.
The solutions discussed above have already fixed the Logitech G933 mic not working issue for several users. Only you need to apply the right solution for the right problem. So, find out the problematic factor and do the necessary.
Also Visit: League Of Legends Not Opening