Are you seeing a dark grey screen suddenly popped up on the desktop screen with an error message saying “UI Failed to load”? If you have AVG antivirus on your computer, then this error might occur while you try to scan the system.
Moreover, this grey screen might also show up on the screen when you try to run a system scan. The error usually appears with an additional note: “This is really embarrassing. AV Service is not responding.”This error message also suggests you exit from the program and restart the same. If this doesn’t help, we are here to help you with effective solutions for this problem.
Reasons Behind AVG Antivirus UI Failed to Load:
This AVG issue is really very irritating as this doesn’t go away even after you restart the antivirus. Once you get this error message, your PC stops running the antivirus and eventually, the system lost its protection from viruses and malware.
It appears on your Windows 10 and XP Operating System if there is any misconfiguration in the Windows Services. However, repairing the Windows services might fix the issue but it could be a temporary fix. In such a case, you have to repair or reinstall the AVG antivirus from your computer in order to avoid the error permanently.
In the further section, we will let you know the step-by-step ways to troubleshoot this error.
Troubleshoot “UI Failed to load” Error in AVG Antivirus:
If you want to get rid of this AVG error on your computer, you have to follow these steps one by one carefully. Otherwise, you may end up with the system files gets damaged.
Step 1: Change the Settings of the Windows Services
As mentioned above, if there is any misconfiguration in the Windows services, the “UI Failed to load” message might irritate you while you try to use the antivirus. In order to fix this, you have to check specific services running in the background.
Modify Remote Desktop Services in Windows 10
It is seen that if the Remote Desktop Services, Startup Type is not set as “Automatic”, then you may encounter the UI not loading issue in AVG. In the below section, we have discussed the ways how you can change the service startup type in Windows 10.
- Press Windows+R to launch the Run dialog box and type “services.msc” in the space. Hit OK after that.
- When the Services window will open, look for “Remote Desktop Services” in the list. Right-click on the item and choose “Properties”.
- In the General tab, set startup type as “Automatic”.
- Click on “Apply” and press OK to save the settings.
Close everything and relaunch the AVG antivirus to see if the error note is still showing.
Modify Services Terminal Server and Background Intelligent Transfer Service in Windows XP
To change the services startup type in Windows XP, have a look at the instructions below.
- Click on the Start button and tap on “Run” to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” in the box and press OK.
- Look for “Terminal Server” in the services list and right-click on the option to choose “Properties”.
- When the properties window will prompt, make sure you are on the General tab.
- Click on the drop-down list next to “Startup Type” and select “Automatic” from the list.
- Click on the “Apply” button and hit OK.
- Now, get back to the “Services” window again and look for “Background Intelligent Transfer Service”.
- When you find the item, repeat the above process.
When you are done with the above method, restart the system and run the AVG antivirus again.
Step 2: Repair AVG Antivirus using the Default AVG Repairing Tool
If the above method works then that’s good but if it doesn’t try this one. Maybe repairing the antivirus solves the issue in the Windows 10 and XP Operating System. In that case, you can take the help of the antivirus repair tool.
To use the AVG repairing tool, go to the Control Panel and from there, move to the “Programs and Features” to open the list of all the installed programs in the system. Look for ”AVG antivirus” and right-click on that to select “Uninstall”. When the AVG dashboard will open, choose the “Repair” button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repairing process. After that, relaunch the antivirus and see if the error still persists.
Step 3: Remove and Reinstall AVG Antivirus
If the above method does not work, you can try clearing all the components of the AVG antivirus and then reinstalling the antivirus in order to fix the issue.
Many users reported that by using the “AVG Clear” tool, you can delete the antivirus and reinstalling the same. This would probably fix the UI loading failed issue permanently. The tool lets you uninstall the antivirus along with all its components from the system. You can also uninstall the program manually from the system but using the tool will clear all the residual files of the antivirus.
After uninstalling the AVG from the system, you have to reinstall the same on your computer. Below we have instructed how to uninstall AVG manually and reinstall it. Also Visit: Avast Background Service Not Running Issue
- Go to the Control Panel and select “Programs and Features” in the menu.
- When the installed programs list will open, right-click on the “AVG Antivirus” and choose the “Uninstall” option. Follow the on-screen guidelines to completely uninstall the antivirus software from the system.
- After restarting the system, reinstall AVG antivirus and launch it after the installation.
We hope that you are able to perform the above steps without any hassles and after applying these steps, you can fix the AVG antivirus “UI Failed to load” error with ease.