League of Legends is one of the well-known multiplayer online video games that have outspread its favoritism among youngsters and adults as well. Developed by Riot Games, this game works impeccably on both Windows operating system and Mac operating system.
Though this game is quick to launch, yet sometimes players face difficulty in launching League of Legends. This problem is especially encountered by Windows 10 users. Some players have reported that when they click on the Play button, they find no change, or often they fail to open League of Legends because of some error messages.
Whatever be the reason, if you are tackling with League of Legends not opening issue, then you’ve reached the right place. Here you will get a few popular workarounds that will help you in fixing these problems and you will also be able to open the game.
Reasons that Triggers the League of Legends Not Opening Issue:
From two complex yet common scenarios that Windows 10 users face, we can predict that the League of Legends does not open due to the following reasons:
- Due to some modifications in the DNS settings
- Because of client-server issue of the LOL
- Problematic internet connection
- The firewall might be restricting the client to run
- Problem with the installation of LOL.
If you are looking out for solutions to deal with this issue, then follow this guide till the end.
Exceptional Ways to Resolve League of Legends Client Not Opening Issue:
Now, as you are aware of the factors that cause this particular problem, you must proceed with some excellent ways to get rid of this problematic issue.
But before performing those solutions, it is recommended to restart your computer at first. Doing this will not only eliminate any corrupt or damaged data that is causing the problem but it will also refresh your operating system.
Way 1: Disable All Running League of Legends Processes from Task Manager
According to some users, a few processes that constantly run in the background often restrict the client from running the game on the Windows 10 PC. Thus, you need to disable or kill all these processes from Task Manager to solve this League of Legends not opening issue.
Here is how you can do so:
- First, you need to open the Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar and then hitting on the Task Manager option.
- Once it opens, then navigate to the Process Tab.
- There you will find a list of all the League of Legends processes. Now, you need to select the processes by right-clicking on it.
- Then click on the End Task button.
- Make sure to do it for all the LOL processes in the list.
After you have performed these steps, now you have to restart the system. Then you should try re-opening the League of Legends client and check if it is opening or not. If it is not, then move on to the next method.
Way 2: Make Some Modifications in the League of Legends Client
As per the user’s report, if the League of Legends is not opening on your PC, it might be due to a problematic user.cfg file in it. So, what you need to do is change the user.cfg and delete LeagueClient.exe from your system to fix this League of Legends not opening issue.
- Go to the Start Menu and search for the File Explorer in it.
- Once you got it, click on it to open. As it opens, you need to disclose the C: drive by double-clicking on it.
- After that, double click on the folder of Riot Games to open it.
- Once you have done that, now you have to open the League of Legends folder. Further, go to RADS\System.
- Then locate the ‘user.cfg’ file and right-click on it to open with Notepad.
- Now, you will get a ‘LeagueClientOption’ section. There you have to change the Yes to No.
- Thereafter, you have to exit the File Explorer and try to launch the client.
After doing so, you need to return back to the same folder and at last, delete the LeagueClient file. Now, all you need to do is to try to launch the game by double-clicking on the lol.launcher.exe file.
Way 3: Run the Game Directly from the Installation Directory
Sometimes, Windows can mistake the file that has stored the League of Legends. Due to this, the game fails to start or launch on your PC. So, if you are a victim of League of Legends client not opening, then you can simply run the game using LeagueClient.exe.
- First of all, go to the Start menu and then search for the Windows File Explorer.
- Once you get it, open the File Explorer.
- Now, open the C: drive by clicking on it and then open the folder of Riot Games by double-clicking on it.
- Once you have done that, you need to open the folder of League of Legends.
- At last, you need to run the LeagueClient.exe file on Windows 10 by double-clicking on it. Even you can opt to right-click on it and choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
Way 4: Reinstall the League of Legends
- Go to the Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Now, when it opens, you need to go to the top right corner of the Menu and change the View to Category.
- Then navigate to the Program section. From there, select the Uninstall a Program section.
- After that, try to locate the League of Legends game.
- Then right-click on it and eliminate it from your system by selecting the Uninstall option.
- After the game is removed from your system, now restart the system.
- Further, go to the official website of League of Legends through the browser and try to download the installation file from there.
- Now, proceed to reinstall the game on your Windows 10 system.
If the above-mentioned methods fail to resolve this issue, then go for uninstalling and then reinstalling the game.
Hope that by implementing these solutions carefully, you can easily get rid of the League of Legends not opening issue.