Avast is one of the best antivirus software that uses programming and sophisticated tools to give the best virus protection. It also helps in protecting the credentials from hackers and provides online security. But even the best antivirus can have some crucial problems which need to be solved as soon as possible.
Avast slowing down internet is one of the most frequently occurring issues that users often complain about. Avast uses Web Shield to monitor all network activities and this is what also affects the internet speed.
If you are enquiring about this topic, then you are in the right place. From this article, you will get to know some tricks by which you can solve this issue immediately. So, keep your eyes to this article until the end.
Reasons for Avast Slowing Down Internet Issue:
Various reasons are responsible for the occurrence of this issue. Below you can see some of the common causes due to which Avast is slowing down my internet.
- Sometimes, due to hard drive issues, the input-output speed of the internet might get decreased than the original.
- Often the browser version is incompatible with the Avast antivirus.
- Sometimes the appropriate connection model contrast with the Avast application.
- When your system gets affected by virus or malware, then you can encounter this issue on your system.
- Sometimes this problem occurs if you have not updated the system.
Effective Methods to Fix Avast Slowing Down Internet Issue:
When this particular problem occurs on your system, you need to simply restart your system and this might also solve the problem. After restarting your system, if the problem still remains, then follow the below-mentioned methods to fix Avast slowing down internet issues.
Method 1: Speed Up the Internet Connection
You can easily fix this slowing down internet problem in your system by speeding up the internet connection. Follow the steps described below to do so:
- At first, go to the Avast application.
- When the Avast application window opens, click on the Main Settings section from the left side panel.
- In the Main Settings section, you have to unmark the ‘Use the stream of intelligent scanning’ option. This plan is essential for increasing the speed of the internet.
- Once again you have to go to the Main Settings tab. From there, you need to turn off the scanning method of HTTPS. Now, the File Shield will start scanning all downloaded elements. Here, you will notice that the internet speed is optimized.
- After improved internet speed, you need to disable the Heuristic sensitivity toggle. If you do this properly, then you can quickly boost up the internet connection on your system.
Method 2: Update your Browser to its Latest Version
If you are using a browser version that is not compatible with your Avast antivirus, then this may be the reason for which you are getting the Avast slowing down internet issue.
To check if this is the case or not, first of all, you need to update your browser to its latest version. Now, proceed with the steps stated below to update the browser.
- At first, launch the browser.
- After that, open the browser menu that is generally located at the top extreme right-hand corner. The menu icon generally appears with three parallel lines that are either vertical or horizontal.
- Then, from the browser menu, click on “Help.” This will start browsing the internet to look for its latest version if there is any. It may take about a few minutes to get completed.
- Once the browser gets an update, restart your computer and check if the issue gets resolved. Hopefully, your answer will be yes this time.
However, if the issue still persists, then move on to the next method.
Method 3: Reinstall the Avast Antivirus
To get rid of this slow internet problem on your Avast antivirus, you can simply uninstall the Avast application on your system and then again reinstall it.
- Firstly, click on the Start Menu button to launch the Menu list.
- From the menu list, you will find the Control Panel application, then click on it.
- In the Control Panel window, go to the Programs and Features tab.
- When the Programs and Features tab open, scroll down the page and you will find the Avast Application.
- After that, click on the Uninstall option. Now, the uninstallation process will start.
- Once the uninstallation process is completed, reboot your system.
After rebooting your system, again install it from the official website of Avast software. Once the installation processes are finished, then check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 4: Run a Full Scan of your System
Another useful method that you can try to resolve this Avast slowing down internet issue is to run a full scan of your system.
- Press the Windows Home button and X key in the beginning to open the WinX menu list. Select the Command Prompt (Admin) option from that list.
- In the Command Prompt window, write SFC/scannow to run this command. Then hit the Enter key.
- Once it is done, reboot your system and then check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 5: Update the Avast Antivirus
Sometimes, updating your antivirus application can also help to solve this issue on your system. To update this, go through the points mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the Avast application.
- In the Avast application window, navigate to the Avast Settings section.
- When the Avast Settings section opens, tap on the Update from the left side panel.
- Click on the Update option. Now, the Avast will start to update the process.
- Once the update process is done, restart your system and then check if the problem is solved.
Hope that the above information is sufficient enough to solve the Avast slowing down internet issue on your system. After successfully trying all the steps, if you find that the problem has not been resolved on your system, then get in touch with a professional for quickly solving this out.
Also Visit: https://www.alltopsite.com/