Firefox is one of the leading web browsers used all over the world. Developed by Mozilla, this web browser is widely used and comes with a host of features. Like any other web browser, Firefox also is not free from technical issues.
Applications get updates to improve their performance. But sometimes, it might happen that several issues crop up with new updated versions.
Many Firefox users have complained recently that they can’t load webpages after getting an update. If you are facing this issue with your Firefox browser, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, you will get to know the causes of the problem and probable solutions to resolve it.
What Leads to this Firefox not Loading Pages Problem?
Before we get into the solutions, we will discuss the factors that are behind this issue;
- ‘Firefox not loading pages after update’ issue is caused because of the software that you use to protect your system. The anti-virus, anti-malware or anti-spyware that you use can also be the main culprit.
These security applications were familiar with the previous version of your Firefox browser. Now that you have updated your Firefox, the security software fails to recognize it.
- Sometimes, the stagnant caches and cookies can stop your Firefox updated version from uploading pages.
Fixes to Solve ‘Firefox Not Loading Pages After Update’ Issue by Yourself:
There are some easy troubleshooting tips that you can follow to resolve this error. It is quite a commonly occurring problem. So, before you approach any professional, you can try out these solutions described below.
Restart the Device
This is the first thing that you must try in order to eliminate this problem. Although restarting the device might seem to be a generic solution, yet it works in most cases.
In case the situation is not resolved even after restarting your device, then you can proceed to the next solutions.
Remove Cookies and Caches
As mentioned in the previous section, cookies and caches can often hamper Firefox operations. Stagnant cookies and caches are also the reason behind many other issues. So, it is essential to get rid of them on a periodical basis.
Follow these steps to clear the cookies and caches:
- At first, launch the Firefox web browser on your device. Now locate the ‘Library’ button and click on it.
- Next, choose the ‘History’ button. From there, click on the ‘Clear Recent History’ option.
- Now, in the ‘Time Range to clear’ tab, choose the ‘Everything’ option.
- You will get to see a drop-down box. From this list, select both ‘Cookies’ and ‘Cache’.
- Finally, choose ‘Clear Now’.
Once you clear the cookies and caches, close the web browser. Launch Firefox again to check if you are able to load webpages on it.
Use the Safe Mode to Restart Firefox
You can solve the ‘Firefox not loading pages after update’ issue by restarting it in Safe Mode. Firefox Safe Mode is basically a troubleshooting tool for Firefox. It helps to disable all Firefox extensions.
Thus, you should follow these instructions to use the Firefox Safe Mode:
- First, open the Firefox browser and click on the Menu option. Go to the ‘Help’ option and then choose ‘Restart with Add-ons Disabled’. Once you click on it, your browser will open with the Firefox Safe Mode.
- Now, find the ‘Start in Safe Mode’ option and click on it.
- Check whether your browser can load the web pages now. If the problem still occurs, then you have to go on to the next solution.
Make a New Firefox Profile
Some users have reported that the issue was resolved by creating a new profile on your Firefox browser. You need to create a fresh profile on Firefox.
Also, make sure that you do not use any information from the old Firefox profile.
Refresh Firefox Browser
When you perform a refresh on Firefox, it helps you to deal with many errors and issues. You can try out this solution to deal with ‘Firefox not loading pages after update’ error. For that, you should follow these steps:
- At first, open the Firefox browser on your device and click on the ‘Refresh Firefox’ button. Alternately, you can find this option to the topmost part of the Firefox troubleshooting page.
- You will get a confirmation window. Here you need to click on the same ‘Refresh Firefox’ option.
- Now, the browser will close and the process of refresh will begin.
- When the process is completed, a page will appear on your screen with information about the browser. Click on the ‘Finish’ option.
- Finally, open the Firefox browser again to see if it can load the web pages.
Disable the Firewall of your Anti-virus
As mentioned before, security applications are the primary causes of this error. So one of the best ways to troubleshoot this is to disable the firewall of your anti-virus. Open the security application that you have and disable its firewall temporarily.
Check whether the issue has been eliminated. In case, the problem still persists, you need to disable the anti-virus.
Reinstall the Firefox Application
This is the ultimate solution for you. You should go for this step only if none of the previous solutions successfully eliminate this problem. Follow these steps to reinstall Firefox again:
- At first, uninstall the existing Firefox browser on your device.
- Now, delete the Programs folder for Firefox. You can find the program folder in these locations:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
3. Now, once you have deleted the program folders, you can download and install Firefox again.
Finally, after the installation process is completed, launch Firefox and check if the webpages are loading. Also visit: How to fix uTorrent not Responding in Windows 10
Undoubtedly, ‘Firefox not loading pages after update’ issue can be a very frustrating problem, especially if Firefox is the only web browser on your device. You can try out these easy solutions to resolve the issue without any professional help.