Apple periodically releases updates for its devices like iPhones and iPads. Thus, it is essential to update your iOS device to ensure a smooth performance. The latest version of iOS devices comes with multiple features that can enhance the user experience. Moreover, it fixes the bugs present in the older version of the Operating System.
Users often complain of inaccurate location, date, and time on their iOS devices. It happens because your device fails to track your location and date and time settings. Thus, an update is the only solution to all these problems.
But, normal users who do not have that much tech knowledge can’t fix this issue since they aren’t aware of the simple solutions. Therefore, we have explained how to update your iPhone or iPad software without any hassles.
Problems that Might Arise if You Don’t Update your iPhone or iPad Software:
Apart from the correct location, date, and time, an update is useful to fix the following issues:
- The progress bar for iCloud backup continues to appear even when the process is completed.
- iPhone or iPad camera doesn’t work properly.
- You might fail to activate the flashlight of your iPhone.
- Bugs that can lead to loss of display calibration data.
- Bugs affecting keyboards.
- Hotspot not working or mail not syncing.
- Shortcuts could not be run from HomePod.
- Bluetooth gets disconnected from certain devices.
- Problems in syncing with reminder apps.
- Lack of security protocols.
- Compatibility issues and slow performance.
- iOS updates can fix battery issues and certain technical glitches as well.
iPhone or iPad Software Update Procedure:
There are three ways to update your iOS device. So, go through them and choose the one that seems easier for you:
- Make sure that your device is connected to a power outlet through the power cord.
- It is recommended to use a power source to prevent your device from powering down unexpectedly when the update is going on.
- Connect the device to a stable wireless connection.
- Turn on your device and open the Settings app.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab and select ‘Software Update.’
- You will get a message to remove apps if there isn’t sufficient space on your device.
- Tap on the ‘Continue’ button to temporarily remove the apps taking too much space on your device.
- Tap the ‘Install’ button to start the update immediately.
- Choose ‘Install Tonight’ or ‘Remin Me Later’ if you do not want to update the software now.
- If you choose the ‘Install Tonight’ option, then connect your device to the power outlet before going to sleep. As a result, your device will automatically update overnight.
- If you have set a passcode for your device, then you would have to enter it to begin the update.
- Your device will take some time to update your device. Thus, you have to wait patiently until the process is completed.
You can save your time and remove your tension by enabling the automatic update. Let’s see how can you turn on automatic updates for your device.
- Remove all external devices from your iPhone or iPad. Otherwise, they might interrupt the update process.
- Go to Settings and select ‘Software Update’ under the ‘General’ tab.
- Select ‘Automatic Updates’ and exit the Settings app.
- From now onwards, your device will automatically update the software whenever an update is available.
Note: Some software updates need to be installed manually. Despite the automatic feature, you would have to install those updates manually.
Using a Computer
You can use this method if you can’t update your iOS device wirelessly or automatically. It involves the following steps as listed underneath:
- If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on your iOS device, then connect your PC to a different WiF or ethernet network.
- If your device doesn’t have a backup, then you must create a backup to protect your data.
- For backing up your data, open the Settings app and select iCloud.
- Choose the ‘Backup’ and tap the ‘Back Up Now’ button below.
- iCloud will take some minutes to backup your device.
- Those who want to create a backup using iTunes, must update iTunes to its latest version and follow the next step.
- Go to ‘Help’ in the iTunes interface or select ‘iTunes’ and tap the ‘Check for Updates’ button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to backup your device.
- Connect your iPhone to a personal computer using a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your PC and select the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- As iTunes detects your device, tap the ‘Check for Updates’ button.
- Then tap the ‘Download and Update’ button so that iTunes can find the latest iOS update and install the same on your device.
Note: If the update fails, then uninstall any third-party antivirus from your PC. Ensure that you are connecting your device to a correct USB port through a compatible USB cable. Connect with experts if you don’t know how to update iTunes or iCloud for your iOS device.
Let our Experts Update your iPhone or iPad Software in No Time:
We have clearly explained how to update your iPhone or iPad software. Still, if you have any queries, then feel free to discuss them with our experts. Our iPhone and iPad experts are round the clock available to make a note of your problems and respond to it satisfactorily. They are certified in fixing issues on iPhones or iPads.
Moreover, they have fixed many iOS devices and restored their smooth performance. Therefore, you can connect with our specialists if you are struggling with any type of issue on your iOS device. Also visit: Fix AV Service Not Responding On Windows 8 Issue
No matter how carefully you are following the process, iOS update might fail unexpectedly. Some users start experiencing issues after an iOS update. If you are having the same issue, then we will help you. Thus, you need experts who can identify the cause and fix the problem on your behalf. So, give us a call at our email id email@example.com and let us look after your problem.