Torrent is one of the most common ways in which people access the media they want to. And that is among a lot of other things that you can get through torrent.
This works in a rather interesting way. As there is no single file that is there on the website for you to go and download. Different people who have the files share them together, and that is what you download.
This technique is called peer-to-peer sharing, which makes sharing large files much easier.
Now, uTorrent is arguably the most popular platform for downloading these files. And as such, they have millions and millions of users around the world use this.
If you are a user of Windows PC, and you are finding the uTorrent system o be non-responsive. Then you have come to the right article for that. As here we are going to show you how you can fix this issue.
And after you are done with this, you will be able to get uTorrent working again, just like new.
Probable Causes for uTorrent being Non-responsive in Windows 10
Before we go ahead and take a look at all the solutions to this issue. It is going to be very important to take a look at why and how this issue is occurring.
As if you have a good understanding of this issue in this way. You will be able to carry out the instructions properly. Avoiding any of the different technical glitches that you might have faced otherwise.
So let us check out all of that information in this section. And that will make the process of understanding and implementing the solutions in a much easier way.
One thing to take note of here is that the term ‘non-responsive’ can mean a lot of different things. As in different functional processes within the entire framework of uTorrent can stop responding.
First is the usual case of the whole program not responding. Where you will see a hazy screen upfront and you will not be able to click or use anything. This is quite common, if not the most and occurs due to functional overload on the program.
The other version of this problem occurs in the form of constant crashing of the program. Not only is this annoying, but it can be rather damaging to the downloads as well.
Both of these cases are due to an overload on the functions of the program, such issues occur. Either because of load on the processing components, or just the program itself.
Then, it can always be the issue of corrupt system files which occurs as a result of virus attacks. That can usually come from the different files that you download.
And finally, it can be an issue of out of date uTorrent software, which can be very likely.
3 Things you Can Do if uTorrent is not Responding in Windows 10
Now after covering the possible reasons behind why your uTorrent application might be unresponsive. It is time now to take a look at all the solutions that we can apply for this issue.
The uTorrent Download is not Making any Progress
In case if the download is not working for any reason, then here are the things that you can do.
- Delete that Torrent and start it again: This might sound a bit drastic, as you will have to stop the download. And then start it all over again. But if there is some technical glitch that was causing the pause in download. Then this operation will overhaul that.
- Associate with the actual torrent file: In the case that you got the Torrent file and did not use the magnet link. Then you will have to go to the Preferences setting section of that file. And from there, click on the Associate option.
Thus, you will be able to complete the download and get the file that you were trying to download.
uTorrent Suddenly Freezes
This is probably the most common issue that we get to see with the uTorrent application. As when you are using that to download different files. And you are doing all of that at the same time.
Then it will very likely cause the application to come to a halt all of a sudden. But that is still not the worst part, as if this happens. Then it can corrupt the files you are downloading and you will not be able to use that.
So, if this is what you are facing, then here is how you will be able to fix it.
- First, you will have to create the necessary backup for all the torrent files that you have. As you are going to need all of that, later on, to carry on with the downloads.
- Now, it is time to launch the Windows Run dialogue box. To do that, press both the Windows key and the R key and that will bring forth this dialogue box.
- As the Windows Run dialogue box comes up, type in the %appdata%uTorrent command.
- Press the Enter key to proceed to the list of the torrent files you have.
After you have done all of this, you will have to make the location of download. Into the folder with incomplete download files. You will be able to do that from the Preferences option in the settings section.
The Application uses a lot of Processing Resources
In some cases, it can happen that the uTorrent application is using a lot of different resources. Something that your current CPU is not being able to cope up with.
That can happen for a lot of different reasons, and here are the things you can do for each.
- If your firewall is blocking certain operations related to uTorrent, then that can cause this problem. A simple fix to this will be to turn the firewall off for the time being.
- In case of other softwares in your system that can cause similar kinds of problems. You will have to get rid of all of them. Only then will uTorrent work in a proper manner.
So here you have all the solutions that is going to help you get uTorrent working properly once again. Also Visit: DNS Request Not Supported
Now, if you have questions related to this, for which you want right away. You can post that question into the comments section. Many of our readers participate in that, and they will be able to get you the right answers.