Avast is a well-known system security software which when runs on the system quickly detect malware issues. Thus, with this security software, you can enjoy a flawless computing system for a lifetime.
Besides its incredible technical support, there are some software issues that create a functional hazard in the antivirus software.
Therefore, you can encounter the Avast Background Service not running like major security software problems. However, here we are going to highlight the reasons and discuss the necessary solutions to fix the problem effectively.
What are the Significant Reasons Behind the Avast Error?
There is no doubt that there are various technical issues that prevent the Avast to run on your system and thus raise a harmful virus attack. The following factors trigger the Avast background service running issue quite often.
- An outdated version of the Avast software.
- Deactivated Avast service causes this kind of issue.
- Incorrect installation is another reason that is responsible for this annoying problem.
- Enabled Avast Shield controls and wrong configuration of Avast security software.
Five Useful Ways to Fix the Avast Malfunction Issues Effectively:
You can get rid of the Avast background service running issue with some efficient tips. Just take a look at them and overcome the Avast issues by yourself.
Fix 1: Upgrade the Avast Software
You can install the latest version of the Avast app and avoid the service running issue very quickly.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and launch the Start menu.
- Choose the Settings app and open the System Settings window.
- Type “avast” in the search box to locate the Avast Antivirus icon easily and click on it.
- Now, press the Modify button and click on the YES button from the UAC dialog box.
- After that, open the Avast application software window and then tap on the Update option from the same window.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the entire process completely.
- At last, reboot the system and check whether the Avast issue got fixed or not.
Fix 2: Re-install the Avast Antivirus Software
You need to uninstall the corrupted Avast executable file and then re-install it with the device’s compatibility version.
- Type “control” in the Cortana Search box and hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Now, click on Apps and Features from the Control Panel window and tap on the Uninstall an app link.
- Then, look for the Avast antivirus software from the list of applications and then right-click on it.
- Choose Uninstall option from the context menu and you are asked to confirm this process by showing a dialog box.
- Tap on the YES button from that dialog box and complete the step successfully.
- After uninstalling, go to the Avast official website and download the latest version which is compatible with the system OS.
- Follow the instructions provided in the next window and finish the installation process.
- Finally, open the Avast software and try to scan the entire system. Moreover, test whether the Avast Background Service not running issue got resolved or not.
If you are not a tech-savvy person, then applying the above method is a hectic job for you. Therefore, you can connect with a professional for instant help.
Fix 3: Modify the Service Startup Type
To activate the Avast Startup service, you need to make the status as enabled. So, you may try out the steps mentioned below.
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and go to the Windows Service window.
- Now, click on the Services and locate the Avast Antivirus software.
- Then, check it’s status and startup type, whether it is active or not.
- Open the Avast antivirus Properties window by choosing the option from the context menu.
- After that, click on the Startup Type drop-down box and make it Automatic.
- Once done, close the window and try to refresh the Windows.
Fix 4: Modify the Avast
To customize the Avast app settings, the app can be run smoothly on your system. Hence, see below and fix the problem effectively.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the Cortana search box and right-click on the Avast Antivirus Software app from the list.
- Now, choose the Modify button from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the YES button from the UAC dialog box and then hit the Repair button in the application window.
- After getting approval from the users, the repair and customization process will start and it will take a few minutes to complete.
- When done, try to open the Avast software and scan the system via this software to check whether it is functioning or not.
Fix 5: Turn Off the Avast Shields Control
The active version of the Avast Shield can prevent the functional role of Avast, then you need to disable it immediately.
- First, right-click on the Avast antivirus icon from the system and choose Avast Shield Control from the context menu.
- Now, tap the Slider and disable the step by moving it to the OFF position.
- Next, enter the time duration and save it for knowing the time frame of the deactivated process.
- Save it and reboot the system in normal mode.
- Finally, try to open a web page and inspect whether the Avast verifies the hyperlinks or not.
In this article, we have defined the steps to overcome the Avast Background Service not running error effectively. Moreover, we have explained the significant reasons that are responsible for this kind of system security issue. Also visit: uTorrent Not Downloading Issue
We hope this content will help you to keep away from this annoying problem in the future. In case of a severe issue, connect with an expert for technical assistance.