Windows always stores its files and applications with the EXE extension. Whereas, the Android Operating System saves all files in the APK format. Although EXE and PK files work in the same way, the Operating Systems are different. Since Android supports only APK files, you can’t run any EXE file on this OS.
You might want to use the Windows software on Android devices for installing Windows EXE games or other applications. Sometimes, it becomes necessary to open some files on your mobiles due to ease of use or other reasons. Thus, you need to convert these files to APK format. However, this can be done only when you know the process of converting EXE files to APK. Therefore, we will be discussing how to convert EXE file to APK as simply as possible. Read this article if you are looking for a way out.
Three Best Methods for Converting EXE File to APK:
You can convert EXE file to APK in any of the following ways:
Method 1: Using a Converter App
Before starting this method, make sure that you have a computer or laptop running Windows Operating System. Now, be ready with the application or EXE file you would like to access on Windows OS and apply the following steps:
- Turn on the WiFi or mobile data for carrying on the entire process. Remember that a good internet connection is necessary to complete the conversion.
- Launch a web browser and enter ‘http://changemysoftware.org/APKconverter’ in the URL bar.
- Download the EXE to APK file converter tool and go to the Download folder on your system.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to install and open the converter tool.
- Next, Windows displays two options: ‘I have a setup file’ and ‘I have a portable application’.
- Select the second option that is ‘I have a portable application’.
- Select the particular EXE file on your computer and wait until it is fully loaded.
- A new window is available and you need to click the ‘Convert’ button.
- The converter starts converting the selected EXE file into APK format.
- The progress bar disappears as soon as the conversion is over.
- Close the running window and connect your phone to the computer by using a USB cable.
- Change the USB cable or USB port if the computer fails to identify your phone.
- Click the ‘Allow’ button in case a popup appears. It generally happens when you connect a phone to a computer for the first time.
- Access the APK file on your computer and then copy it.
- Finally, paste the APK file on your Android phone and check whether it opens or not.
Note: The time for converting the EXE file to APK will depend upon the size of your file.
Method 2: Using a File Opener
File openers are Android apps which are built for running ‘.EXE software’. INNO setup extractor is quite a well-known file opener for Android devices. It allows users to run EXE files easily on their Android phones. So, you can go for an INNO setup extractor or any other file opener you want to use. Here is how to convert EXE file to APK through a file opener.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone and look for a file opener.
- Download and install the file opener.
- After installing the file opener, run it on your phone.
- Next, transfer the EXE file from your computer to the phone.
- Create a folder and keep the EXE file in it.
- The file opener extracts the EXE file and converts it into the APK format.
- Now, access the EXE file that you have converted and use them.
Note: Check the rating before installing a file opener on your Android phone.
Method 3: Using the DOX Box App
DOX box applications have been popular for the last few years. They allow you to run old Windows applications in recent versions of the Windows Operating System. AFreeBox is one of the widely used DOX box apps you will get on the Google Play Store. So, let’s see how it can convert EXE file to APK format.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install a DOX box app on your phone.
- Download and save the EXE file to a new folder so that you can access it when required.
- Run the DOX box app and paste ‘cd\folder name’ in the command line.
- As the folder opens, type the name of the EXE file you have saved on your phone.
- The EXE file will be extracted and converted into the APK format automatically.
- The file won’t open if it is not compatible with the DOX box app you are using.
- In that case, you need to look for some other application.
Convert EXE file to APK is not as difficult a task as it seems to be. You have already seen how easily it can be done in a few steps. Each of the three methods we have discussed has successfully converted EXE files to APK. It has helped several users to convert EXE file to APK. Thus, you can solve your problem by using any of these methods.
Like other Operating Systems, Android has some requirements to run applications. Hence some graphic and power-intensive EXE applications can’t be converted into APK. So, none of the above methods will work for you.
Also Visit: Omegle Error Connecting To Server Issue